Here at Chris Hughes Multi Activity Services (CHMAS) we believe that outdoor activities should be fun, matched to your requirements and undertaken in a challenge by choice environment.
We are based in Shrewsbury and we use the beautiful countryside of Shropshire and North Wales for our activities, which include:
- DofE Expeditions;
- First Aid Instruction;
- Mountain Walking; and
- Group Activities.
CHMAS is also an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the D of E, which means we can either assist you with supervisory / assessor services or run your complete expedition for you.
Most of the activities are run by Chris who holds the following awards:
- Archery – Archery GB Leader Award (GNAS);
- Bushcraft – IOL Bushcraft Practitioner & Survival School Instructors Course Level 4 NCFE IIQ;
- Canoeing – BCU Level 3 Coach;
- Caving – BCA Level 1 Cave & Mine Leader;
- Climbing – MT Climbing Wall Award, Single Pitch Award & Foundation Coach;
- Fencing – Go Fence Instructor;
- First Aid Trainer – REC Level 3 Trainer;
- Kayaking – BCU Level 3 White Water Coach;
- Mountains Biking – MIAS Level 2 Mountain Bike Instructor;
- Hillwalking – MT Summer Mountain Leader, Winter Mountain Leader, Lowland Leader Provider/ Director & Mountain Leader Course Director;
- Mountaineering – International Mountain Leader (BAIML).
Chris is a member of the Mountain Training Association (MTA) and confirmation of the mountaineering awards that he holds is given below.
In addition to this, Chris is an Accredited Practitioner of Institute for Outdoor Learning, a Certified Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming and a Level 1 Reiki Practitioner.
We hope you like reading about our activities and if you are feeling inspired by any of them then we would love to hear from you. For more information about the activities we offer then please click here.