Here at Chris Hughes Multi Activity Services (CHMAS) we believe that outdoor activities should be fun, matched to your requirements and undertaken in a challenge by choice environment.
We are based in Shrewsbury and we use the beautiful countryside of Shropshire and North Wales for our activities, which include:
- Canoeing & Kayaking;
- Cave & Mine Exploration;
- DofE Expeditions;
- First Aid Instruction;
- Mountain Walking; and
- Rock Climbing & Abseiling.
CHMAS is also an Approved Activity Provider (AAP) for the D of E, which means we can either assist you with supervisory / assessor services or run your complete expedition for you. You can check our AAP status by clicking here.
Most of the activities are run by Chris who holds the following outdoor qualifications:
- Archery – Archery GB Leader Award (GNAS);
- Bushcraft – IOL Bushcraft Practitioner & NCFE Level 4 – Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Instructor and Mentors Course;
- Canoeing – BCU Level 3 Coach & 5* Training;
- Caving – Level 1 Cave & Mine Leader
- Climbing – MLTB Climbing Wall Award / Single Pitch Award;
- Fencing – Go Fence Instructor;
- First Aid Trainer – REC Level 2 Trainer;
- Kayaking – BCU Level 3 White Water Coach;
- Mountains Biking – MIAS – Level 2 Mountain Bike Instructor;
- Hillwalking – Summer & Winter Mountain Leader; and
- Mountaineering – International Mountain Leader (BAIML).
Chris is a member of the Mountain Training Association (MTA) and confirmation of the mountaineering awards that he holds can be found on the MTA website by clicking here.
In addition to this, Chris is an Accredited Practitioner of Institute for Outdoor Learning, a Certified Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming and a Level 1 Reiki Practitioner.
We hope you like reading about our activities and if you are feeling inspired by any of them then we would love to hear from you. For more information about the activities we offer then please click here.