I have been member of the Yr Hafod Scout Mountaineering Team for some years now and every year we get together to have a staff training weekend to share good practice and get in some valuable CPD points.
On the first weekend in February, I found myself in North Wales for our staff CPD weekend. Over the weekend we had a fair bit of discussion and looked:
- ML Navigation – What’s Required;
- ML Update – Looking at the requirements to become a trainer / assessor;
- Mountain Hazards – Prevention is better than cure;
- Good practice for Remote Supervision;
- Restrictions for Scout Permit Assessments; and
- Scout Activity Centres – Strategic Plan
I had a great weekend catching up with old friends and improving my skills sets in many areas.
To find out more Yr Hafod (hiring the hostel or the courses offered) then please click here.