What a cracking weekend in North Wales. The sky was blue, the sun was up and we the white stuff was on the hills. Unfortunately, for me I wasn’t able to enjoy the glorious conditions as I was booked on to a National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) seminar at Plas Y Brenin.
It was a lovely seminar too and I attended the following seminars:
- Sports nutrition for climbing – Rebecca Dent
- Video technology in coaching- Katherine Schirrmacher
- How to boost youth participation and increase your centre’s income – Tom Lauder (Mile End Climbing Wall)
- Dealing with the future: under-14s in the climbing wall environment – Joby Davis
- Coaching the Mind – Dr Rebecca Williams
There was also a lively debate on coaching qualifications and whether you needed to be top performer to coach and two inspiring talks by Hazel Findlay and Kenton Cool.
A great seminar and I’m going to be trying out what I’ve picked up from the course over the next few months and hopefully, I’ll be an even better coach after implementing them.