I’m very fortunate to be on an Instructor Training Programme provided by Jonny Crocket of Survival School, which is accredited by the NCFE at Level 4. Following successful completion of parts 1 and 2 and I’m currently being assessed to deliver the individual modules that make up a NCFE Level 2 Course, which provides a thorough grounding in the core bushcraft skills. These modules are listed below and so that you can see how I’m progressing, I have marked the ones that have been completed.
- Welcome & Safety Brief
- Cutting Tool Safety – Complete
- Game Preparation (Pigeon) – Complete
- Breakfast Bread – Complete
- Cutting Techniques – Complete
- Shelters – Complete
- Game Preparation (Trout) – Complete
- Game Preparation (Rabbit) – Complete
- Traps & Snares – Complete
- Water – Complete
- Natural Cordage – Complete
- Knife Law – Complete
- Knife Sharpening – Complete
- Natural Navigation – Complete
- Woodland Sauna – Complete
- Closing Brief
Another successful course spent with great people and one at which I was able to get signed off for the water session and put the final peices of the puzzle together for the fire and foraging session. Once these are complete, I can move to the final stage of my training and run a weekend course. If all goes to plan, I will pass out with a Survival School InstructorCertificate and the Level 4 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Instructor and Mentor Certificate.
In the meantime, I’ll be out in the woods practicing my own skills to ensure a swift and successful instructor programme.
For more information on Survival School courses please click here.