Earlier in the week, I was working for my friends at the Adventures Ropes Course running an aims led team building session for a group preparing for for their D of E expedition. Being aims led we had a mix of ground based and ropes course based challenges for them to cut their teeth into.
We started off with a few ice breakers (human chain & magic cane) before using the ground based tasks (marble run, digit dodge, ball factory, blind square, skies & swamp crossing) to identify training needs that could enhance their D of E expedition experience.
Once identified and agreed by the group, these skills were further developed on the ropes course by tackling the following challenges, as appropriate:
- Giant swing (a good one for team work and personal challenge);
- Adventure tunnels (teamwork and looking after one another);
- Leap of Faith (personal challenge & responsibility for others);
- High-Al-Aboard (teamwork and responsibility for others); and
- Parachute Fan ( personal challenge).
I had a great day working on this programme and look forward to seeing how the young people apply what they have learnt to successfully complete their D of E expedition.